Americans for Democracy and Human Rights in Bahrain (ADHRB) responded with cautious optimism to an announcement by the Government of Bahrain today that the King of Bahrain has invited opposition parties to resume stalled talks on political reforms. According to Bahrain’s Information Affairs Authority, the directive authorizes the justice ministry to invite representatives from Bahrain’s […]
- .@WeberShandwick, #Bahrain's reviewing your bid because their reputation is horrible due to #HumanRights abuses! http://t.co/l3DFL9b1PP about 40 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- .@AmbassadorRice: "US urges #Bahrain gov to engage in deliberate reform process" and promote #HumanRights #HRFSummit: http://t.co/w2v7g2kOXm about 40 minutes ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- .@AmbassadorRice: "Advancing #HumanRights is central to US FP" yet sometimes trade-offs are made #Bahrain #HRFsummit: http://t.co/w2v7g2kOXm about 1 hour ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
About ADHRBAmericans for Democracy and Human Rights in Bahrain (ADHRB) fosters awareness of and support for democracy and human rights in Bahrain by engaging with key actors within the US government to advocate for stronger US policies that support the rights of the Bahraini people. ADHRB also works with NGO coalitions, members of the Bahraini-American community, and the US public to raise awareness of the human rights situation in Bahrain.
- ADHRB Files Complaint with OECD against Dae Kwang Chemical Corp
- ADHRB Weekly Newsletter 28
- On Eve of Manama Dialogue ADHRB Advises US Policy Shift towards Bahrain
- Nabeel Rajab: December’s Champion for Justice
- ADHRB Commends Statement by EU High Representative Catherine Ashton
- ADHRB Applauds Committee on Academic Freedom for Al-Singace Letter
- ADHRB Weekly Newsletter 27
- ADHRB Applauds House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee Hearing on U.S. Policy toward Bahrain
- ADHRB Weekly Newsletter 26
- ADHRB Advocacy Internship – Spring 2014!
January 23, 2013 / Comments Off